Esports betting is still a work in progress in Louisiana, but the good news is that sports betting will soon be allowed. This means there will be legal betting sites in Louisiana, which are likely in time to take wagers on professional video games. The most popular esports games to bet on in Louisiana include Call of Duty, Fortnite, Dota 2, League of Legends and Overwatch. EsportBet.com will keep you abreast of the latest esports betting news, tips and sportsbooks in our Louisiana esport guide.
Is eSports betting legal in Louisiana
Legal sports betting will soon start in Louisiana.
After many Louisiana residents (56 of 64) parishes voted favorably for Louisiana sports betting in the November 2020 election, legislators got to work drafting laws to implement the will of the voters.
Governor John Edwards signed the permitting bills over several months in 2021 to set up a tax rate and legal structure for sports betting. Lawmakers are optimistic to see the first ever Louisiana sportsbooks and betting apps kick start in time for the 2021 NFL season.
In June 2021, Louisiana legislators approved the final pieces of law needed to permit and regulate sports betting. With all the major components in place, all that is left out is for the Louisiana Gaming Control Board (LGCB) to adopt extra regulations and review licensing applications.
Louisiana sports betting law allows the state’s 20 casinos to bid for sports betting permits. Each licensed casino may run a retail sportsbook and up to two mobile betting companies (or “skins”). Additionally, the state lottery may run sports betting kiosks and one mobile betting application.
Bettors must be 21 or older and located within one of the 55 parishes that allowed sport betting to participate.
As a result of this development, Louisianans can expect to see most of the country’s famous sports betting companies enter the market. Established operators such as the following betting sites will likely make an entrance in Louisiana sometime soon:
Top esports betting sites 2021
The global esports population is expected to grow to 474 million in 2021, with revenue from competitive gaming topping US$1.1 billion by the end of 2021, based on a research done by Newzoo.
The rapid growth in esports’ spectators shows a year-on-year (YoY) increase of 8.7 per cent. Of that 474 million, esports loyalist – documented as those who watch competitive esports gaming events more than once a month – will show for just under half of the overall numbers, up 8.7 per cent YoY to 234 million.
We hopeful to see growth in this numbers once Covid-19 limitations are removed, but high growth rates are still expected over the next few years.
The best esports betting sites in Louisiana are likely to change rapidly over the coming months, but several betting apps you should check out include:
Freebets at Louisiana betting sites
BetMGM is known for their promotions and bonus bet offers, with this a popular way to attract new players. The best MGM sportsbook offers could look like these promos from other brands:
Betfair US no deposit free bet bonus
- Present Offer: A $10 sign-up bonus.
- How the Bonus Work? The Sign-Up Bonus will quickly and automatically given as site credit upon properly registering a new user with Betfair.
- What Are The betting Requirements? In order to be qualified to withdraw any payouts earned by betting the sign-up bonus, user must make a first deposit to their Betfair account of a minimum of $10. This deposit must be done within 60 days of opening the account.
Caesars Sport no deposit bonus
- Present Offer: Get a full $10 free bet at Caesars Sportsbook as a new account holder. Simply register and open a new account and you’ll qualify for the $10 no-deposit bonus.
- How the Bonus Work? Enter the bonus code CAESARSGAMBLER when you create your account and the money will credited to you.
- What Are The Wagering Requirements? The free bet offer must be used within seven days of creating the account or it will disappear.
Popular esports games in Louisiana
There are many esports games available to bet on in Louisiana, with some of the most popular titles being:
This is the most famous game of all time when it comes to eSports championship and is one game that gives the largest payouts for championship events. Dota 2 is a MOBA game that is well known for high levels of game plan and teamwork. Originally launched in 2013, Dota 2 has been named the best game of all time and it is topping of the list for eSports lovers and players.
This is a battle royale game that has become very famous over the past two years for its merger of FPS play and strategy. With over 250 million record users, Fortnite has moved to the top of the list for eSports supporters. This game has proven to be quite profitable for top players and is an incredible game to watch, which is why it is also a top choice when it comes to eSports betting.
Call of Duty(COD)
With the launching of the newly geo-located and modification of Call of Duty League in 2020, COD is going as as strong as ever. This is particular true for those who enjoy esports betting, with many of the major pro leagues covered extensively at esports betting sites.
PUBG MOBILE is a Battle Royale mobile game designed solely by Lightspeed & Quantum Studios of Tencent Game, directly licensed by PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS. It was released globally in March 2018. Created with Unreal Engine 4, PUBG focuses on visual quality, maps, shooting exploits, and other aspects, providing an all-rounded surreal Battle Royale exploits to players.
FIFA comes in series, built by the Association football sports video games, it is launched annually by Electronic Arts under EA Sports label. . It is one of the fastest selling video game franchises
Louisiana sportsbook deposit options
The sportsbooks of Louisiana are likely to have various deposit options available:
- Credit and Debit Card: Mastercard and Visa are permitted. Credit card esports betting.
- Online Bank Transfer: This method makes use your bank’s online bill pay feature to grant a transfer of money from your bank account to your bet account. Bank transfer betting sites.
- PayNearMe: Use this platform if you would want to use cash rather than using your banking details with a betting company. Picking PayNearMe will give you a unique barcode that can be printed or saved on your mobile device. Provide the barcode to one of the many pharmacies, stores and convenience that permits PayNearMe to complete your deposit with cash.
- PayPal: Almost all betting companies allows PayPal, but you need to have a bank account linked to your PayPal account. Paypal esports betting sites.
Sports betting licensing in Louisiana
Louisiana state legislature did not resume until April 12, 2021, which means sports betting is unlikely to kick start until later in 2021. Louisiana Senate President Page Cortez, who will sponsor a bill bringing up rules for sports betting, confirmed he will propose permitting mobile betting.
Once lawmakers pass important follow-up legislation, there are over 20 casinos that will likely seek licenses to provide sports betting within Louisiana. Online operators such as DraftKings and FanDuel gave $250,000 each to the struggle (Louisiana Wins) and are no doubt preparing to start in LA should online sports betting be allowed.
Esports betting laws in Louisiana are a bit more complicated, with wagering on professional video gaming needing to be ratified by the LA Gaming Control Board, which is the regulator in the state. This means when sports betting is finally live in Louisiana it probably means there will still be a delay until esports betting is put into the mix.
Timeline of Louisiana sports betting
The process of legalizing esports betting in the USA
- May 11, 2021: Lawmakers moved a bill regulating online and retail sports betting. It could be put to a complete vote in the Senate later in June.
- February 19, 2021: After over a two-year wait, the Louisiana Gaming Control Board started accepting applications for daily fantasy sports operator licenses.
- November 3, 2020: Voters accept sports betting in 56 of 64 Louisiana parishes on Election Day.
Final Word: When will sports betting be legal in Louisiana?
With voters’ accepting of sports betting in a November 2020 referendum, sports betting should kick start in Louisiana sometime in 2021 or 2022. Lawmakers still need to provide more information on the terms around licensing, fees, and regulations before they can apply for licenses.
After the reversal of PASPA in 2018, which was a federal regulation limiting sports betting, many states marched forward with allowing sports betting to generate tax revenue. Louisiana tried to legalize sports betting with SB 153, which passed in the Senate after being amended.
When the bill made it to the House, further severe amendments were required, and the result was the bill failing in the House. The state has had similar issues in the aim of legalization of DFS. We expect these roadblocks to be ironed out in the second half of 2021, with a legal esports betting industry rolled out soon after.