Skrill is one of the world’s most popular web wallet services and is widely offered as a secure payment method at online gambling sites. We explain how Skrill deposits work, how to use Skrill to place real money esports bets online and which leading esports betting sites accept Skrill as a payment method.
Skrill esports betting sites
#1 in the USA
50% matched deposit up to USD $5,000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Review
Punters Punt At PlayUp
Real Punters Play At PlayUp
Play At PlayUp PlayUp Review
|18+ Gamble Responsibly.|
How Skrill works for esports betting
Skrill is what’s known as a Web wallet (or eWallet) which is a safe and secure way to spend money online without having to reveal your personal banking information to a third party.
It works by opening an account via Skrill.com, which is a free service and just requires you to enter basic personal information like your name, address and date of birth. Once you have registered, you will be given a Skrill ID and password which you will need any time you want to login to your Skrill account or make a payment online using your Skrill wallet.
To fund your Skrill wallet with real money, you can make a deposit using a long list of trusted payment methods. The payment methods accepted at Skrill vary from country to country (there is a detailed guide for each country in the fees section on the Skrill website) but range to include bank transfers, credit cards, debit cards, bitcoin, Paysafecard, Neteller, POLi, Rapid Transfer and other country-specific options.
Once your Skrill account has money in it, you can then use your Skrill ID and password to transfer money at websites that accept Skrill payments, without the website you are making a payment to ever having access to your banking information. Skrill acts as a middle-man between you and the vendor, creating a safe and protected environment to send and receive money online.
Withdrawing winnings via Skrill
Skrill also allows users to withdraw money from their Skrill account back to their bank accounts, but whether or not you can use Skrill to withdraw winnings from an esports betting account depends entirely on the online gambling operator. If a betting site accepts Skrill for deposits, it’s likely it will also allow Skrill withdrawals, but you should always check the terms and conditions of an online betting site prior to signing up if you are hoping to withdraw your winnings via Skrill.
It’s also important to note that Skrill does impose some processing fees for withdrawals – typically around €5 or currency equivalent for withdrawals to bank account and 8% or more for withdrawals to Visa. While this is fine for larger withdrawals, it may be a burden for the more recreational punters who only want to deposit small amounts, in which case you can check out our guide to alternative payment methods.
How to deposit at esports betting sites with Skrill
Making a deposit with Skrill is easy and even complete newbies to the world of online esports betting will be able to use this service with ease. Once you’ve signed up for an account with Skrill and made a deposit to fund your eWallet, here are the simple steps you need to take to make a deposit to bet on esports events online:
- Sign up for an account with a reputable sports betting site that accepts Skrill and offers an esports betting market, like any of those recommended across our site
- Once logged in, go to the deposit/banking/cashier section
- Select Skrill from the list of payment methods provided
- Enter your Skrill ID and password
- Enter the amount of money you want to transfer to your esports betting account
- Follow the prompts to complete the transaction
The instructions above may vary slightly depending on the betting site you’re using, but this is typically all that’s required to make a Skrill deposit. Skrill deposits are also processed on the spot, so funds will be available for you to bet with instantly.
Best esports betting sites accepting Skrill
Skrill has earned a great reputation for security and trustworthiness and as such it is offered as a favoured payment method from some of the biggest names in online esports betting. You will find Skrill deposits accepted at such leading betting sites as:
- BetOnline (read our BetOnline esports review)
- Betsson (read our Betsson esports review)
- William Hill (read our William Hill esports review)
Note that esports betting sites have minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal limits attached for all payment methods, including Skrill, so be sure to check the banking information pages relevant for your country for further information about any the limitations that apply to you.
Skrill accepted countries and currencies
Skrill offers payment processing services in all countries except Afghanistan, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, North Korea, North Sudan, South Sudan or Syria. Skrill does not allow transactions used for online gambling if you live in United States of America, Turkey, China, Malaysia and Israel.
Skrill accepts deposits and withdrawals in over 35 currencies including:
- Australian Dollar – AUD ($)
- Bahraini Dinar – BHD (.د.ب)
- Bulgarian Lev – BGN (лв)
- Canadian Dollar – CAD ($)
- Czech Koruna – CZK (Kč)
- Danish Krone – DKK (kr)
- Euro – EUR (€)
- Great Britain Pound – GBP (£)
- Hong Kong Dollar – HKD ($)
- Hungarian Forint – HUF (Ft)
- Indian Rupee – INR (Rs)
- Israeli Shekel – ILS (₪)
- Icelandic Krona – ISK (kr)
- Jordanian Dinar – JOD (دينار)
- Japanese Yen – JPY (￥)
- Kuwaiti Dinar – KWD (ك
- Malaysian Ringgit – MYR (RM)
- Moroccan Dirham – MAD (د.م.)
- New Zealand Dollar – NZD ($)
- Norwegian Krone – NOK (kr)
- Omani Rial – OMN (﷼)
- Qatari Riyal – QAR (ر.ق)
- Polish Zloty – PLN (zł)
- Romanian New Leu – RON (lei)
- Saudi Riyal – SAR (ريال)
- Serbian Dinar – RSD (РСД)
- Singapore Dollar – SING (S$)
- South African Rand – ZAR (R)
- South Korean Won – KRW (₩)
- Swedish Kronor – SEK (Kr)
- Swiss Franc – CHF (Fr.)
- Taiwan Dollar – TWD ($)
- Thai Baht – THB (฿)
- Tunisian Dinar – TND (د.ت)
- Turkish New Lira – TRY (₺
- United Arab Emirates Dirham – AED (د.إ)
- United States Dollar – USD ($)