The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has announced more details about Olympic Esports Series 2023 with the finals taking place at Singapore’s Suntec Centre from June 22–25.
The virtual and simulated sports competition created by the IOC will be run in collaboration with International Federations (IFs) and game publishers.
The nine sports that have been confirmed to feature are:
- Archery (World Archery Federation, Tic Tac Bow)
- Baseball (World Baseball Softball Confederation, WBSC eBASEBALL: POWER PROS)
- Chess (International Chess Federation, Chess.com)
- Cycling (UCI, Zwift)
- Dance (World DanceSport Federation, Just Dance)
- Motor sport (Federation Internationale de l’Automobile, Gran Turismo)
- Sailing (World Sailing, Virtual Regatta)
- Taekwondo (World Taekwondo, Virtual Taekwondo)
- Tennis (International Tennis Federation, Tennis Clash)
With Olympic Esports Series 2023 only three months away, qualification for the finals will begin in the coming weeks, with both professional and amateur players from around the world invited to take part.
Coming together in Singapore for this unique competition, the players will compete in front of fans for the prestigious title of Olympic Esports Series winner.
All of the Olympics Esports Series finals action will be streamed globally on Olympics.com and all of the Olympics social channels.
The Chair of the IOC Esports Liaison Group, David Lappartient, spoke at the announcement about the Olympic Esports Series.
“The Olympic Movement brings people together in peaceful competition,” Lappartient said.
“The Olympic Esports Series 2023 is a continuation of that, with the ambition of creating more spaces to play for both players and fans of elite competition.
“We look forward to witnessing some of the world’s best compete on the global stage, as well as exploring together shared opportunities and lessons – across health and wellbeing, training and innovation.”
The IOC has also announced that the full programme and ticket details for Olympic Esports Week 2023 will be released in April.