Dota 2 esports news
by Jur Dava in
eSport Betting Predictions

The first round of quarter-final matches at DPL-CDA Professional League Season 2 are scheduled for Wednesday, July 22. Invictus Gaming will meet with an old foe in ViCi Gaming, while Sparking Arrow Gaming will take on Team Aster. The winners will advance to the semi-finals and the losers will drop into the lower bracket.

INVICTUS GAMING vs VICI GAMING DOTA 2 BETTING & MATCH DETAILS

Dota 2 Betting Odds: IG +116 at BetOnline | ViCi -158.73 at BetOnline
Dota 2 Betting Lines: IG +1.5 at -256.41 | ViCi -1.5 at +180
When: July 22, 2020 at 13:00 CST
Watch Live: Twitch

INVICTUS GAMING vs VICI GAMING DPL-CDA PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE SEASON 2 BETTING PREVIEW

Invictus Gaming barely managed to squeeze their way into the DPL-CDA Pro League playoffs after a very unconvincing run through the group stage. Even though their 4-5 record sat them two wins above the relegation line, the expectations put on The International 2012 champions were significantly higher than an eighth-place finish.

Unlike their regional rivals, ViCi Gaming impressed in the DPL-CDA group stage. They won seven of nine series played, with their only losses coming against CDEC Gaming (0-2) in Week 1 and PSG.LGD (1-2) in Week 2, while a 15-7 map differential guaranteed them the top seeding in the playoffs.

Zeng “Ori” Jiaoyang and his crew hold a 9-1 record from their last 10 matches in all competitions, which is far more impressive than Invictus Gaming’s 5-5 record. Having said that, the head-to-head record between ViCi and IG shows there is not a lot to set these two teams apart.

Out of 12 series played in 2020, ViCi have won seven to IG’s five. Additionally, ViCi have won 51.6% of their 31 games (16), leaving IG with a 48.4% win rate (15). Their last two meetings both ended with 2-1 wins for ViCi.

INVICTUS GAMING vs VICI GAMING DPL-CDA PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE SEASON 2 BETTING PREDICTIONS

ViCi are priced as massive favourites for this clash, but their betting odds are a bit too low for our liking. These online Dota2 fixtures are often close and considering the last two games – and five of the last 10 – between ViCi and IG ended with all three maps played, it makes sense to place our money on the overs.

Over 2.5 maps

-103.09
at
BetOnline

TEAM ASTER vs SPARKING ARROW GAMING DOTA 2 BETTING & MATCH DETAILS

Dota 2 Betting Odds: Aster -156.25 at BetOnline | SAG +114 at BetOnline
Dota 2 Betting Lines: Aster -1.5 at +184 | SAG +1.5 at -263.16
When: July 22, 2020 at 16:00 CST
Watch Live: Twitch

TEAM ASTER vs SPARKING ARROW GAMING DPL-CDA PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE SEASON 2 BETTING PREVIEW

Team Aster finished the group stage in fourth place with a 6-3 record and 12-7 map differential, whereas Sparking Arrow Gaming ran fifth with figures of 5-4 and 12-9.

These two Chinese Dota2 teams last met on Wednesday when Aster came away with a commanding 2-0 win, which tied their head-to-head record at 3-3. Not only have Aster and SAG split the six meetings, they’ve also won six games apiece. Aster won both of the last two meetings 2-0, however, so it should not as no surprise that Pan “Fade” Yi and co. enter this bout as the favourites.

Aster are 5-5 in their last 10 fixtures, whereas SAG hold a 4-6 record. Despite their slightly worse record, Sparking Arrow looked good in their last two fixtures when defeating Invictus Gaming (2-0) and forcing ViCi Gaming (1-2) to three maps. Aster, on the other side, struggled a bit against Royal never Give Up (2-1) on Thursday and lost their most recent bout against EHOME (0-2).

TEAM ASTER vs SPARKING ARROW GAMING DPL-CDA PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE SEASON 2 BETTING PREDICTIONS

While the head-to-head record suggests Team Aster are the most likely victors, Sparking Arrow Gaming are a better chance than the latest Dota 2 betting odds would appear to suggest. They defeated IG recently and came close to beating ViCi just a couple of days ago, so the form is solid.

Also, Sparking Arrow’s recent roster swap with Royal Never Give Up has made a big difference, as Gao “Setsu” Zhenxiong and Xue “September” Zhichuan are huge upgrades on Liu “白学家” Yuhao and Chong “FelixCiaoBa” Wei. SAG have won seven out of 11 maps since, due in large part to Setsu’s strong allround performances (5.68 KDA, 290.27 LH and 23.73 DN).

With their new additions, Sparking Arrow Gaming have improved enough for us to believe they can take down Aster for the fourth time in their history. While it will be a tough feat to achieve, the generous betting odds make it hard to ignore the upwardly trending outsiders here.

Sparking Arrow Gaming to win

+114
at
BetOnline
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Share Post:
Share Post:
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments