Initially, Rhode Island only allows physical bets made at the state’s two casinos when sports betting was legalized. Now that the state has legalized online sports betting, you can select from Rhode Island’s absolute best sportsbooks online.
Esports betting offers few options for wagering sports betting is legal but very few esports wagering options available.
Esports betting is a new trend in the gambling world. This trend of betting begun slowly, but it has attracted a lot of fans over the last few years. It has witnessed a massive growth, that it’s been estimated that the global esports betting market will be worth more than $29 billion by the year 2020.
Best Rhode Island sports betting sites
With esports betting sweeping the USA, retail sportsbooks and Mobile sports betting are both legal in Rhode Island. The Rhode Island lottery runs the retail sportsbooks at the state’s two casinos and provides statewide mobile betting through Sportsbook Rhode Island.
Rhode Island sports betting rules and regulations initially requisite fans to visit a casino physically to register for a mobile betting account, but legislators passed additional law in 2020 to end the physical registration requirement. Now, customers 21 of age or older may finish their registration from any location within state lines.
Sportsbook Rhode Island app
The Sportsbook Rhode Island app is at hand for iOS and Android devices. The mobile encounter largely resembles the desktop website version but tailored made for mobile devices. Once you log in, you are presented with a list of trending and upcoming events and a navigation menu to view all sports leagues.
Picking any league pops up a list of upcoming games and from there, bettors can choose any game to see a list of matchups for that particular game. Selecting any wager adds that bet to the betting slip, where the amount to wager can be added. The betting slip will display how much is at risk together with the potential payout before the bet is confirmed.
Users can include multiple bets to the betting slip and either take each bet individually or use the menu items on the betting slip to generate parlays, round robins and teasers.
The Sportsbook RI mobile app does not provide much by way of advanced quality. Bettors simply log in, navigate upcoming games and add wage as desired. It is not the most in-depth experience, but the esports betting app is very easy to use and browse.
Retail betting locations on Rhode Island
There are various options to place bets at retail locations on Rhode Island.
Twin River Casino in Lincoln 100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865, RI accepted the first-ever legal sports bet in Rhode Island in November 2018. They now provide a full slate of betting menu, where bettors can come to bet on any sport of their choice in the world. William Hill Sportsbook is based out of the United Kingdom and is highly known and well respected in the industry for having some of the best betting lines.
Monday-Thursday: 11 AM to 12 AM
Friday: 11 AM to 1 AM
Saturday: 9 AM to 1 AM
Sunday: 9 AM to 12 AM
The Tiverton 777 Tiverton Casino Blvd
Tiverton, RI 02878, Tiverton Casino Sportsbook is also run by William Hill and boasts all of the same software, features and betting options that Twin River does. They launched their sportsbook in December 2018, and the sportsbook is located in the simulcast theatre.
Monday-Friday: 11 AM to 12 AM
Saturday-Sunday: 9 AM to 12 AM
Popular esports games in 2021
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: Valve’s Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) launched in 2012, backed by a strong heritage of multiplayer FPS titles, including the original Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source. Years after, the fast-paced PC game still mostly holds its own against more modern titles, partly because of its established core gameplay and active community.
- Dota 2: “Easy to learn, difficult to master.” This phrase is used to explain many things, especially in gaming. Few titles typify that mantra more than Defense of the Ancients 2 (Dota 2), one of the most famous multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) games on the planet.
- Fornite: Fortnite is the battle-royale game to beat. In fact, Epic Games confirmed in early 2020 that Fortnite front an incredible 12.3 million concurrent players in one record-breaking meeting, thanks to an in-game Travis Scott concert.
- The king of Fighters XIV: SNK’s recent entry in the long-running The King of Fighters series ain’t the finest fighter in town, and the title doesn’t always headline Evo, but it’s one of the best competitive fighting games on the gaming market.
- League of Legends: League of Legends, Riot Games’ free-to-play, multiplayer online battle arena title is, easily displayed, the best MOBA game you can get in the market. Its gameplay comprise elements of role playing, tower defense, and real-time master plan—a combination that set it unique from the many cookie cutter MOBAs that have swamp the market.
RI eSports betting laws
A Few Months after the Supreme Court struck down PASPA, Rhode Island swung into action and even reviewed their legislation to include mobile and online betting in early 2019. Their mobile products launched later in the year. The main pull that drove Governor Gina Raimondo to sign off on sports betting was the tax revenue it will bring to the start, as many states were already seeing a massive flow of tax dollars in just a few months.
The Rhode Island Lottery was give the role with regulating and overlooking the sports betting products, and IGT – more commonly known as William Hill – has been brought in to help move forward the betting experience. A great 51% of the tax revenue goes toward the state account, with 32% going to IGT and 17% going to the two casinos in the state who provide sports betting.
The state only has two functioning casinos, which is not surprising but is also very few. There are no big tourist attractions or factors that would bring in out-of-state players, as Delaware (Delaware esports betting), New Jersey (New Jersey esports betting), and Massachusetts are in such close accessibility.
There are also no tribal casinos in the state, despite tribes unsuccessfully trying to tap into the market.
Surprisingly, Daily Fantasy Sports is legal in Rhode Island. They approved DFS in 2016, when they, along with 13 other states, recognized Daily Fantasy as a game of skill, rather than chance.
RI esports betting sites payments
If you prefer to transact in cash, use a Visa for every purchase, or want the comfort and security of an eWallet service like PayPal. Both the online sportsbook and the betting app have a wide options of deposit methods.
- Credit Cards: Visa, American Express, and Mastercard for easy and quick credit card deposits.
- Debit Cards: You can also make use of a Visa or Mastercard linked debit card to make a deposit.
- PayPal: stakers can use a pre-funded PayPal. As the world’s most popular eWallet, PayPal allows a quick and secure payment gateway that does not require you to share any credit card or personal banking details directly to the casino.
- Wire Transfer: Stakers who want to deposit via a regular bank wire transfer have the choice to do so.
- Play+ PrePaid Card: Those looking for more rewards and the highest deposit limits can fund a Play+ account and use the prepaid card to deposit into their online account or use directly at the casino.