Golden Nugget Casino & Sportsbook might be more known for their land-based gambling venue, but the good news for esports fans is they have gone digital. The Golden Nugget online arm, includes sports betting and casino, with this wagering company slowly moving into more US states with regulated gambling and sports betting. Golden Nugget also some great esports betting promotions and bonus offers for sports bettors.
Introducing the Golden Nugget sportsbook
While it’s best known for its magnificent hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Golden Nugget also has a huge presence in the industry of online gaming.
At the moment, Golden Nugget Sportsbook is only made available to mobile and online players in New Jersey, Michigan and Nevada That will evolve in the future as the legal sports betting environment continues to develop across the nationwide. Pennsylvania is likely to join the moving train, and Golden Nugget also has visible plans in Illinois. Other possible states to join in the near future include Virginia, Tennessee, and Colorado.
What states is Golden Nugget betting available in?
The Golden Nugget’s online sportsbook markets are currently restricted to bettors in the states of Michigan, New Jersey and Nevada.
Please note that you do not need to be a resident of these states to place a bet. As long as you are physically within state restrictions, you’re okay to get in on the action.
The Golden Nugget also run brick-and-mortar retail sportsbooks at three casinos located in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, and Biloxi, Mississippi.
Please note that Mississippi does not permit online sports betting at this time, but online users can still use their accounts to stake in-person should they make a trip to the Southern part of the country.
Golden Nugget esports betting
Unfortunately esports betting is not yet available at Golden Nugget sports betting, with US gambling regulators in each state needing to allow it. While several US states, including New Jersey, have offered limited wagering options on esports, unfortunately it is yet to launch properly across the country. Golden Nugget esports is expected to launch soon after betting on pro video games is legalized in the USA. The situation with Golden Nugget esports betting is similar at other US sportsbooks like FoxBet, bet365 and 888Sport.
Golden Nugget sports betting
The Golden Nugget offers many sport betting lines you’d expect to see at any respected online betting site. While at the moment may lack some of the more obscure markets and international leagues available on other platform, the selection is strong.
Golden Nugget sports betting review
Tilman Fertitta, owns both Golden Nuggets and Houston Rockets, for many years, the Golden Nugget was unable to offer NBA betting for this sole reason.
Luckily, NBA markets are now available to online bettors in New Jersey and Nevada. You just can’t place a bet on the Rockets. Also note that this negatively affects the NBA futures odds at the Golden Nugget, as Houston is simply removed completely from the board entirely.
Besides NBA games that don’t include the Houston Rockets, you’ll have plenty options of other sports to select from:
- Football (NFL, CFL, NCAAF)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Basketball (NBA, NCAAB)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Soccer (Major Professional Confederations & Int’l Play)
- Motor Sports
- Rugby Union
- Aussie Rules
Honestly, the lack of some international leagues is of great concern to those looking for extra value in these smaller markets.
The Golden Nugget offers many live and pre-game betting choice on any given day, even if it feels as if the casino games are the main focus of the site.
Bet types available at Golden Nugget esports
The Golden Nugget sportsbook provide a huge variety of betting options, or markets, for each of the leagues outlined above. Just prepare to see the following lines on the markets available.
- Point Spreads
- Totals (Over/Under)
- Championship Futures
- Player Futures
- Win Totals
- Parlays & Round Robins
- Team Props, Player Props, Game Props
- System Bets
Golden Nugget licensing and player safety
In states in which Golden Nugget operates they do via sports betting app or online, it’s legal to play and safe.
Golden Nugget is a gaming industry that knows its way around the legal and regulatory ecosystem. The company only press forward with a sportsbook markets outside of Nevada once it was legally able to do so.
Here’s a highlight of where Golden Nugget stands in the following US states:
- New Jersey: Golden Nugget NJ Sportsbook running and operational in the Garden State. NJ is also home to one of the signature properties in the portfolio in Atlantic City.
- Michigan: Online sports betting in Michigan was set in motion in January 2021, and Golden Nugget went live the first day of operation. They are in collaboration with Keweenaw Bay Indian Community and their Ojibwa Casino.
- Pennsylvania: Golden Nugget has been considered a Qualified Gaming Entity (QGE) in Pennsylvania, which means it doesn’t need a land-based partner for its license. We expect that the take off of Golden Nugget PA is at hand.
- Illinois: An agreement is in place between the Golden Nugget and the coming Danville Casino. The period is unclear, but we can expect a Golden Nugget IL online sportsbook very soon.
- Tennessee: Tennessee online sports betting went live in November 2020. Golden Nugget did not float there in the first wave, but we’ll be observing for if they make a tangible move in the market in the future.
- Virginia: Virginia is also live with sportsbetting now. Although its only mobile version available, so we’ll be following to see if Golden Nugget launches their app here.
- Nevada: The launch Golden Nugget Casino makes its home in Las Vegas, and the company also provides a mobile and online sportsbook for Nevada players.
- Mississippi: Golden Nugget operates a retail sportsbook in Biloxi; however, mobile betting isn’t allowed in the state yet.
- Credit Cards: The Golden Nugget allows Visa, American Express, and Mastercard for easy and quick credit card deposits.
- Debit Cards: You can also make use of a Visa or Mastercard linked debit card to make a deposit.
- ACH Bank Transfer: Those who prefer to transfer funds directly from their checking account can do so through ACH transfer. Members of the Golden Nugget’s VIP Preferred program must use this platform.
- PayPal: stakers can use a pre-funded PayPal account to deposit at the Golden Nugget. As the world’s most popular eWallet, PayPal allows a quick and secure payment gateway that does not require you to share any credit card or personal banking details directly to the casino.
- PayNearMe: PayNearMe allows stakers to fund their accounts with cash at any 7/11. Simply download a barcode from the site or app, take it to your local 7/11 location to make a cash deposit that will reflect in your account in less than half an hour. This is how we deposited when writing our sportsbook review.
- Cash: In-person cash deposits are allowed at casino cages at the Golden Nugget casinos located in Las Vegas (129 East Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101) and Atlantic City (600 Huron Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401)
- Wire Transfer: Stakers who want to deposit via a regular bank wire transfer have the choice to do so.
- Play+ PrePaid Card: Those looking for more rewards and the highest deposit limits can fund a Play+ account and use the prepaid card to deposit into their online account or use directly at the casino.
All told, there are five physical Golden Nugget casinos: One in NJ, two in Nevada, and one each in Mississippi and Louisiana.
Golden Nugget Online Deposit Methods
If you prefer to transact in cash, use a Visa for every purchase, or want the comfort and security of an eWallet service like PayPal, the Golden Nugget has you covered. Both the online sportsbook and the betting app have a wide options of deposit methods.
Golden Nugget esports betting conclusion
The Golden Nugget is one of the most grounded names in Vegas and Atlantic City, and their arrival into the online sports betting market is a welcome addition for American bettors. While esports betting is not available at the Golden Nugget sports betting site just yet, the ESB team will keep you up to date, as more US states allow wagering on professional video games. With an interative and easy to use sportsbook and app and ongoing promotions, it’s a great choices for casual bettors looking for a great deal that extends beyond the welcome bonus.