Betting on professional video games is one of the biggest trends in online gambling, with many of the top Australian online bookmakers featuring esports odds and markets. The best esports bookmakers in Australia are licensed and regulated by a state government, with popular brands including Sportsbet, Ladbrokes and Neds. Mobile esports bookmakers and apps are also prevalent in Australia, with most betting companies having these features.
The top online bookmakers for esports in Australia are:
Best Australian esports betting sites
It Pays To Play
New online bookmaker
|Check Out PlayUp PlayUp Review|
|18+ Gamble Responsibly|
By Players, For Players
Get your money back up to €25
|Join Unibet UniBet Review|
|New customers only. 18+. Located in UK. Min bet 2/5 or more. Each leg of multi must be over 2/5 for bet to qualify. 3x wagering requirement before withdrawing.|
Bet365 Signup Code GETON
World's Favourite Bookmaker
|Visit Bet365 Bet365 Review|
|GETON is not a bonus code and does not grant access to additional offers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. New customers only. #ad Full T's and C's.|
Top esports bookmakers in Australia
Esports in Australia is a big business. The industry is worth over $1 billion globally, which sensibly rubs off on the country as well. There are wonderful opportunities already in place with a high-school and universities leagues running and promoting competitive video gaming in the country.
The question remains if esports betting is really an option for the hundreds of thousands of Australians who are loyal to video gaming played competitively. As we’ll investigate below, esports betting is legal and some of the big global bookmakers operate in Australia.
Esports are some of the most rapid-growing sport to bet on in the world and predictably the esports betting industry is booming. This is especially true in Australia where esports betting sites are competing massively to provide the most esports betting options and the best odds – but how will you know the best website for esports betting?
Top bookmakers for esports in Australia
Best mobile bookmakers
Australian bookmakers cater comprehensively to mobile phones and tablets, with this now the major way that people bet on esports. All of Australia’s best esports betting sites have downloadable applications for smart phone and tablet, including big names like bet365 and Sportsbet, which both offer an outstanding service for esports betting.
The two major options for placing esports bets via mobile, is either to download an app, which can be done after you register for new account, or log on to their mobile sites. In fact, while your will have a few added featured with the apps, the mobile site is perfect if you are just looking to instantly place a bet.
Some of the advantages of downloading esports betting apps, includes instant to access the bookie with one click. The fact you can also live stream some esports events, through some betting companies is also a big plus. Generally you should download an app if you are a regular player.
Best bookmaker apps
Bookmakers apps are readily available from many of the top brands in Australia:
- Sportsbet: The no.1 sports betting site in Australia by market volume has a amazing range of global esports betting markets. You are doing yourself a huge injustice if you are not a Sportsbet account holder. Sportsbet esports review.
- Bet365: Bet365 is the best esports betting site because they have most esports betting options and because their odds are mostly the huge. This means that you can place your bet on Counter-Strike, LoL, Dota 2 and host of other events like FIFA, Fortnite, Overwatch, PUBG and CoD and you can be sure that you’re getting the best offer.
- Palmerbet: Is Australian-owned which is rare in this market. It does’t have many esports options it is focused majorly on horse racing and domestic sports. Palmerbet esports review.
- Betfair: Is a betting brand that does have an Australian-reach. Betfair is worth checking out if you want to wage on major tournaments because they sometimes have the highest odds for famous events and Sportsbet has a number of variety of esports markets but their prices aren’t always the best.”
- PlayUP: A name that has now been around for a long while, but is yet to really establish itself. Does have competition betting but we have not seen any based around esports up until June 2021. PlayUp esports review.
- Unibet.com.au: Run by the Kindred Group, Unibet is a popular global brand with roots in Europe, which implies they are well grounded in the esports gambling world. Unibet sits comfortably among the best esports bookmakers in Australia, with their betting apps definitely a highlight. Unibet esports review.
eSports games available to bet on at Australian bookmakers
Australian are in the lucky position of having many of the best online bookmakers offering esports wagering markets. The esports games that Australian can bet on via these bookmakers includes titles like Call of Duty, which is also one of the most watched esports (how to watch COD), Dota 2, Overwatch, FIFA and many more.
AU online bookmaker deposit options
Australian esports bookmakers cater extensively to AUD deposits, as you would expect, with most bookies having upwards of 10 different payment types.
Credit and debit card
Using MasterCard, Maestro and Visa-branded credit cards and debit cards is allowed at all big online Australian bookmakers, and is often the easiest and fastest way to get your money into your account for deposits and back to your personal bank for withdrawals instantly
Direct bank transfer
Almost all online bookmakers allow AU players to send money directly through their online banking interface, and all banks in the country, including ANZ accept direct bank transfers at all the Australian bookmaker sites
Paypal and other web wallets
PayPal (Best AU Paypal betting sites) is allowed at the majority of esports bookmaker sites and owing to its repute is extremely safe and quick when it comes to processing deposits and withdrawals. POLi is an Australian-owned online payment service and deposit option other to PayPal supported at most major online bookmakers.
Payment processors at the top online bookmakers
Payment Processors are a popular way to fund Australian online bookmaker accounts, with several different ways available. The payment processors available at online bookies down under include Apple Pay, POLi and Google Pay. These payment processors all have low fees and are trusted banking methods in Australia.
Bet types available at Australian esports bookmakers
As with other sports, there are many ways to bet on esports in Australia. The options you can bet on differs by bookmaker but the most common esports betting selections include:
- Match or Round Winner: You select the team you think will win the match or the round. This is the most familiar type of bet for all sports betting options. When you visit an esports betting site these are normally the odds that a displayed first.
- Handicap: You select the team that will win with a handicap applied. The handicap disadvantages the favourite and gives the loser an advantage making the odds more alike and the likelihood of one team winning over the other more unpredictable. This esports bet types is available at many of the top online bookmakers in Australia.
- Maps: You select the winner of a certain map. Many esports games are played across a couple of different maps and these can favour different teams.
- Total over/under: You select whether the total number of a certain numbers will be over or under a particular number that the bookmaker sets. Numbers you can bet on at AU online bookmakers include the total number of kills, headshots and combined scores.
- Outrights: You select the winner of an esports competition. In some cases, you can also bet on whether a particular team will finish in the top 3.
- First Blood: You select the team to score the first kill of an event in CS:GO or LoL.
Bookmaker bonus bet offers in Australia
Under the updated Interactive Gambling Act laws, bonus bet sign up deals are banned in Australia presently. This means you can’t claim free bets or other forms of bonus at Australian esports bookmakers.
It Pays To Play
New online bookmaker
18+ Gamble Responsibly
By Players, For Players
Get your money back up to €25
New customers only. 18+. Located in UK. Min bet 2/5 or more. Each leg of multi must be over 2/5 for bet to qualify. 3x wagering requirement before withdrawing.
World's Favourite Bookmaker
GETON is not a bonus code and does not grant access to additional offers. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. New customers only. #ad Full T's and C's.
Other betting odds available at Australian bookmakers
While Australian betting sites are still behind their global peer in certain areas, we’re happy to say that the typical variety of markets available isn’t one of them. The selection of betting options might be slightly smaller, but all the big hitters tend to be present and correct.
Other markets available at major Australian betting sites include:
- Aussie Rules
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Thoroughbread racing
- Harness racing
- American football
- Ice Hockey
Sports betting in Australia is big business
Australian online bookmakers have got a huge spread of markets available, with everything from the Champions League (UCL) to the Premier League (EPL) for soccer, the Big Bash for cricket being featured extensively.
You will also find a good choice of ‘lower league’ options to bet on. The range of bet types available at online bookmakers in Australia also tends to be magnificent. The top online bookmakers in Australia will allow you to place a huge range of different bets, including win and place, multi bets and basically anything you can think of.
Australian betting sites tend to be largely focused towards racing (thoroughbred racing, harness racing and greyhounds.) Racing will tend to be the focus of both promotions and special features, with ‘Same-Race Multi’ being a common example. The top bookies will cover not just every race in Australia and New Zealand, but also the major contests from countries like the UK, France, the US, and South Africa.
What does the future hold for Australian esport bookmakers?
Australia has a lot to give back to the international gaming community when it comes to professional video gaming. Big brands such as Gfinity and Microsoft have launched numerous creativity that is related directly to esports. Australia has been hosting its own home grown esports with the sole purpose of popularizing the segment and ensuring interactions from its youngsters.
There have been many scholarships given to esports athletes to go to colleges in the country, too. Of course, some have looked down upon that, doubting that it was all a waste time, but for the hundreds of thousands that participate in esports – either as players or as fans – esports means a lot.
Australian online bookmakers are among the best in the world in terms of esports wagering, with this focus no surprise given how competitive the gambling industry is down under. The best esports bookmakers accept bets on everything from League of Legends to local FIFA competitions, with it really depending on what is happening around the world at any given time.